Security Training Concepts’ Online Iowa Permit-to-Carry Weapons Course is for residents of the State of Iowa who desire to tell "Death, NOT TODAY!" by lawfully obtaining Iowa’s 5-year Permit-to-Carry Weapons permit and carry a Concealed Weapon pursuant to Iowa Code 2017, Chapter 724 - Weapons. Section 724.7 which states, “Any person who is not disqualified, who satisfies the training requirements, and who files an application in accordance with section 724.10 shall be issued a nonprofessional permit to carry weapons.”
Responsible persons eligible to receive a county sheriff-issued Iowa Concealed Weapons Permit, pursuant to Iowa Code 2017, Chapter 724.9, Firearm Training Program, “shall demonstrate knowledge of firearm safety by any of the following means:
This course qualifies as an acceptable firearms training course pursuant to Iowa Code 2017, Chapter 724.9(b), in that your Firearms Instructor for this training, Michael A. Brown, MA, CAMS-I, FI, is certified by the following entities and duly qualified to instruct you on firearms safety and Iowa law:
NOTE: Persons wishing to taking this online course MUST have a valid email address. Persons wishing to take this course who do not have an email address MUST create one prior to course registration.
Registered Students MUST complete Security Training Concepts’ Online Iowa Permit-to-Carry Weapons Course within 1 month from the date of registration.
Registered Students will complete approximately 2-3 hours of Security Training Concepts’ Online Iowa Permit-to-Carry Weapons Course ONLINE with topics to include:
- Instructor and Course Introduction
- Home, Vehicle, and Firearm Safety
- Firearm and Ammunition Identification and Selection
- Firearm Cleaning and Firearm Loading
- Basic Firearms Marksmanship and Malfunctions Clearance
- Situational Awareness and Encountering Law Enforcement
- The Use of Force and Iowa Law
- Can Shoot vs. Must Shoot: A Live Classroom Discussion
- Applying for the Iowa Permit-to-Carry Weapons Permit